Poll Thread Dead?

• Hey KM. I was just wondering what happened to the poll/thread about KAK/BAK potentially doing f/f? I'm not especially fussed, it wasn't a thread I started. Just curious really; the last time I saw it (and commented in it) there didn't seem to be anything especially controversial in it, nor anything confrontational between those for and against. That's why it seemed odd that it's (apparently) been deleted. Particularly as you guys have always come across as being very open to all feedback in the past.

And for the record, I did try and send ya this as a PM/Forum e-mail cos if the thread was deleted, I figured you might not want it brought up again for whatever reason it got zapped in the first place! But it didn't work. :(

• @marklewis:

I can't imagine Kandymans biggest supporters (I'm among them) ever deserting him even for just one video, because he did a KAK vs BAK film. I think they may not love the idea at first, but when the trailer comes out and they see the incredible women, production values, and choreography, I bet they buy. Remember, just because there would be F/F fighting doesn't mean there still couldn't be a build up of F/M fighting in the movie. Kandyman doesn't need to totally change his formula.

I don't think everyone already here would necessarily buy it. A few would, naturally, but if you don't like f/f, it doesn't matter how good the video might be, it just wouldn't be your thing. Just like me and KAK's output so far; I can recognize the quality of it, but the content simply doesn't interest me enough to ever buy it (with the exception of KAK's one brief foray into quasi-f/f to date). However, I don't doubt that it would bring in a whole new fanbase.

As for having f/m stuff in said film, if/when it does happen, I don't think that would work. With the exception of a few fans that enjoy f/f and f/m, from my experience (and from this and other threads), most fans are very much invested in one or the other. So although a film with both f/f and f/m could potentially bring in both sets of fans, it might also leave them equally disappointed at having half of their respective film 'spoilt' by the presence of fights they ain't into. Speaking from an admittedly biased f/f fan perspective, I know I'd be a bit gutted if KAK/BAK finally did produce an f/f movie and find half of it was was still f/m stuff.

Besides, KAK/BAK's first f/f film should be allowed to stand on it's own (bare :D ) feet. That way, if sales are decent, then KM/CB might be tempted to produce a sequel or two down the line.

@marklewis:

My only advice if you do go in this direction Kandyman is to have a winner. Ending a KAK vs BAK film in a draw would be kind of lame and you don't do lame.

Agreed. Plus, that's another hook for the potential sequel(s)!

• administrators

If we did an f/f movie it would be as an addition to the f/m films - not as a substitute so I think everyone could be happy. One day those BAK girls are going to get it.

Kandyman

• I can't imagine Kandymans biggest supporters (I'm among them) ever deserting him even for just one video, because he did a KAK vs BAK film. I think they may not love the idea at first, but when the trailer comes out and they see the incredible women, production values, and choreography, I bet they buy. Remember, just because there would be F/F fighting doesn't mean there still couldn't be a build up of F/M fighting in the movie. Kandyman doesn't need to totally change his formula.

I think a video like this would blow away whatever film holds the current sales record. My only advice if you do go in this direction Kandyman is to have a winner. Ending a KAK vs BAK film in a draw would be kind of lame and you don't do lame.

• I'm a fan of F/F stuff just as much as the mixed films we already have. I don't think any of the regulars on here would mind the occasional Kickass v Badass film. But if KM decides regular girl v girl films were an avenue he would like to stroll along, it would pretty much have to be done on a third website to keep all the punters happy.

Now, excuse me while I stick my head in the freezer in an effort to stop thinking about Vixen v Red.

• @kamach240:

I had already voted and made it 6 for f/m and 5 against.

That was the last time I looked.

Joking aside, the poll itself was largely irrelevant.

You're obviously not going to get a balanced opinion on a board made up of 99.9% f/m fans, the enormous majority of which aren't into f/f at all. So until KAK/BAK actually release an f/f movie (a proper one), there aren't gonna be many f/f fans around here and the voting in any poll of that nature is always going to be a little misleading in terms of a wider market.

I'm just more interested in the reasons why the 'nay' voters are opposed to KAK/BAK branching out into f/f.

• @msemmapeel:

never got around to voting - but make that 6 against. not trying to cause trouble but want to be heard. KAK and BAK do such a fantastic job with f/m - why change?

You've kind of answered your own question there. It's because they do such a good job at the f/m stuff that f/f fans like me would like to see what they could do with f/f.

Besides which, if KAK/BAK did produce the occasional KAK/BAK video, that's not really changing what they do; the f/m wouldn't suddenly disappear. I think it's safe to say we'd only see f/f content here very occasionally, and even then that would only be if the initial video proved successful.

• I had already voted and made it 6 for f/m and 5 against.

That was the last time I looked.

• never got around to voting - but make that 6 against. not trying to cause trouble but want to be heard. KAK and BAK do such a fantastic job with f/m - why change?

• administrators

1, 647, 967 to 5 seems a little large but I'll shall take your word for it.

• No worries KM. To be honest, I thought it might be something technical - I figured even if there had been some kind of prob' with the content of the thread, you would have just said something rather than sweeping it under the virtual carpet.

Oh, and actually, the last time I saw the thread (which must have been literally seconds before it pulled a Paul Daniels) it was at 1,647,967 for f/f and 5 against.

Honest.

• administrators

Honestly Ed, I didn't do a thing, this is the first i've heard of it. That's really annoying, there are only 2 Mods on this board and neither of us touched it. I thought it was a really interesting poll and a debate definitely worth having, the last time i saw it, it was 5 all? If its any consolation myself, Vixen and Red were ruminating about a possible clash of good and evil one day so the thread may have disappeared into thin air but the thought remains.

Kandyman