Photoset page?

• administrators

I'm thinking of setting up a dedicated photoset page, taking the current ones off the home page and adding more. The page would be linked by a PHOTO tab on the Nav Bar at between HOME and GIRLS - what do you think? The book tells us to keep everything for sale on one home page but as we run the risk of new people not knowing its there. At the moment I think the home page is a bit cluttered with both films and photos. Your thoughts are welcome.

K

• @Mooncatt:

Six??????????? SIX?????????????? Mate I could do six packets in a minute!

Well curiosity got the better of me mooncatt so i had a quick bash at it myself, however there are also certain rules you have to follow aswell which does make the target of 6 not that easy to achieve.

1st you can only eat 1 jaffacake at a time
    2nd you must completely swallow the first before starting another
    3rd Your not allowed to drink anything whilst eating them.

so must admit it wasnt as easy as i thought when following those guidlines especially trying to swallow one before starting another, i managed a poultry total of just 5 and by then my mouth was as dry as an exceptionally dry desert on a very dry day during the dry season.

However im sure a true jaffacake munching genius like your self mooncatt will find 6 a breeze compared to us mere mortals…..........................

there is of course only one way to really find out...................

So ill put the challenge your way mate.......... and consume more than 6..................in a 60 sensational second jaffacake muching fest

Then you can show the world what your really capable of plus claim your rightful place in history amongst the other great achievers of our time and even rank along the same lines as,
    Yuri Gagarin being the first man in space,
    Neil Armstrong being the first to walk on the moon,
    Buzz Aldrin being the first Man to Pee on the Moon….....(that is an official fact btw),
    PLUS
    Columbus's discovery of America,
    Hadrian's rather large wall,
    Roald Amundsen pipping Scott to the Antarctic,
    That bloke with a beard being the first to conquer Everest,
    Walter Raleigh's historic discovery of Benson n Hedges
    (not forgetting Spud'u'Like,)
    Thomas crapper….......sorry Sir Thomas Crapper, the inventer of the karzie …..........never have so many arses been in so much debt to one single person.
    Richard Branson and his many many around the world balloon failures….....
    (dont give up Dick...... you'll do it eventually),
    Edward John Smith who managed to achieve what everyone said was impossible and successfully Captained the Titanic hailed as being unsinkable straight to the bottom of the ocean…....................(well done Ed, i knew you could do it)

So yeah, your name would indeed be proudly up there with the finest mate

WORLD No1
    JAFFACAKE EATER.

Its certainly worth a go anyway and if nothing else its a damn good giggle,

very intrigued aswell to find out how many you can do.

• Six??????????? SIX?????????????? Mate I could do six packets in a minute!

• @Mooncatt:

Mate, that is looking fantastic. It has the basis of the perfect homepage,

Many thanks for the thumbsup mooncatt and glad you liked the look, im familiar with adding extra coding in to HTML and CSS settings from my admin duties over on runboard but never tried my hand at designing a whole web page before so it was a good learning curb for myself if nothing and if any of it helps in the creation of the new cover page even better.

@Mooncatt:

And yes it is vital to the continued success of the site that my Jaffa Cake eating exploits are recorded for prosperity!

Ive a sneaky suspision though the jaffacake update may not make it on to the new cover page when it does get designed, but like yourself mate i do feel it would indeed act as a great bonus feature which would go a long way in attracting more people to the site.
    The benefits are just endless, for instance it would be quite easy to set up a live web cam option were viewers can watch (in awre) exclusively only to theses forums a world record attempt by your good self mooncatt of eating as many jaffacakes in the space of one minute and all beamed out live to the entire www from your pc (providing you have a webcam yourself that is) but it would be great to watch and how many other places could boast such a event, so im sure if enough requests were made mate then the "Jaffacake Latest" could become as popular as the kak and bak updates.

(all joking aside though i was surprised to see the official world record for eating jaffacakes in one minute is only 6, and im sure with your vast experiance in years of devouring them the world record title is surely yours for the taking and would look great in your profile too.

….....Mooncatt.......
    .........HONOURABLE MEMBER TO KAK.........
    ...AND OFFICIAL WORLD RECORD HOLDER...
    .........FOR JAFFACAKE EATING 2011........

So go for it i say

@Mooncatt:

I started having problems with IE8 and they have continued with IE9. Everything keeps getting bigger. Fonts, pictures, you name it. I used Firefox for a while, but I've found Chrome to be the best so far. Although I expect the site might be optimised for Mac O/S anyway? (Those creative types and their Apple Mac obsessions! ;)

Sorry mate as i never got around to responding to this but wanted to say it was interesting to discover the difference in displays when using other browsers and yeah those troubles you had with IE were similar to what i started to notice about a year back, enabling the compatability option in IE8/9 did resolve alot of issues but every now and again fonts, images and such would look different to what they usually did although it has calmed down alot now and i guess a fair few issues have been rectified and IE10 has been released aswell now, but you can only use that if you have windows 7 or above and anything else like xp isnt compatable..

Ive got firefox aswell but rarely use that and never tried Chrome before either until you mentioned it mooncatt and yes the display is certainly a noticable difference, the current homepage for both kak and bak for example and when viewing through IE then the very top header part is not completley visable but when using chrome it is, which is thanks to the cleverness of the chrome browser which detects what screen res you have on your pc monitor and configures your display to match the sites settings, IE doesnt do that and instead tries to squash the page together making some of it hidden from view.

So it can be difficult constructing web sites that are compatible with all browsers and im sure something which causes many a headache for designers especially when it comes to display sizes but all part of the fun i guess. :D

• Mate, that is looking fantastic. It has the basis of the perfect homepage, covers all the bases and you're right it is looking a lot more

than

Nice work! And yes it is vital to the continued success of the site that my Jaffa Cake eating exploits are recorded for prosperity!

• @Mooncatt:

DO you make the emoticons yourself mate or have you just amassed the largest and greatest collection man has ever seen whilst trawling the net?

Glad to see you've finally come out from behind that mound of jaffacakes mooncatt,

As for the smilies and other stuff then Ive made some of the gif pictures myself but not all, My avatar for instance was made for me by a very kind Dutchman i know over on the oldies but goodies fem fighters board and he created it from a tv advert and i absolutly loved it when he showed me and always used the same one since.
    The kak flag which ive used here i made myself,

(made as in created the wave effect only, the origonal design was someone elses)

All the smilies i currently use though are as you correctly guessed from what ive picked up from here there and everywhere, and its amazing the different variations aswell from the standard type to seasonal ones plus those for special occasions like birthdays, weddings, valentines, births, and even deaths believe it or not but the humourous ones are my favourites, …...............they are not everyones cup of tea i know but they are pretty fun to add in messages i always think, provided of course they are used in a good hearted mannor which mine always are so never intended to offend.

I think ive got about 16 pages worth uploaded on to photobucket so i do have a fair few now but always on the look out out for more.

It would be a great little feature to have some specialy made kak+bak ones here, although its easier said than done, bringing them to life so to speak and creating the animation gif file is easy enough but its the designing them first which is the hard part and i fail dismally in that department every time.

speaking of designs though and in particular that new cover page Mr K'man wanted, well i just had a quick bash at making that page i added alot less pancake like shall i say and although it was origonally just for compatablity testing the general look was a bit flat chested if you know what i mean so thought id fluff it out a bit

Ive tested this in both IE and Chrome.…..........(it works in neither..)

Just joking,…......works fine in both and more 3d looking, entry to either kak+bak is viable by clicking poster or link in top bar, the sidebar i added is similar to the bulletin board thats here already and this includes the latest updates plus instant previews aswell..........the jaffacake update is optionable of course but would be a nice addition i think...........(dont you agree mooncatt)

COPY THE CODE IN THE BOX BELOW
    GO TO THIS LINK –---> http://draac.com/javatester.html

AND PASTE IT INTO THE TEST BED AND CLICK "TEST" TAB

<title>KickAssKandy.com</title> 

<center>![](http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o288/scarru/Various%20for%20KAK/b006f9e9.jpg)</center>

|

[**KICKASSKANDY.HOME**](http://kickasskandy.com/) **           [LATEST UPDATE](http://badasskandy.com/2011/07/the-fast-and-the-bad-ass/)          
    [KANDY FORUM'S](http://kommunity.kickasskandy.com/)           
    [CONTACT](http://kickasskandy.com/contact/)            
    [BADASSKANDY.HOME](http://badasskandy.com/)**

|  

### –LATEST KANDY–

## NEWS

|

### LATEST KICKASS UPDATE

<object style="height: 120px; width: 120px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RdR7OzjCGZI?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RdR7OzjCGZI?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="120" height="120"></object>

JULY 1st 
    MISSION KICKASS FEATURING KIX+BAMBI

|

### LATEST BADASS UPDATE

<object style="height: 120px; width: 120px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hpbFT89kZ1w?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hpbFT89kZ1w?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="120" height="120"></object>

JULY 8th
    THE FAST AND THE BADASS FEATURING SILVER+GOLD

|

### LATEST JAFFA CAKE UPDATE

##### "WORLD RECORD SET FOR EATING THE MOST IN 1 MINUTE"

<object width="120" height="120" id="kickWidget_7691_25667" name="kickWidget_7691_25667" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://serve.a-widget.com/service/getWidgetSwf.kickAction"><param name="movie" value="http://serve.a-widget.com/service/getWidgetSwf.kickAction">
       <param name="FlashVars" value="affiliateSiteId=7691&amp;widgetId=25667&amp;width=120&amp;height=120&amp;mediaType_mediaID=video_688800&amp;autoPlay=0&amp;revision=3">
       <param name="wmode" value="window"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true">
       <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></object> 

|

<center>

### KICK ASS KANDY – CLICK BELOW

| 

### BAD ASS KANDY – CLICK BELOW

|

|  [![](http://kickasskandy.com/wordpress/wp-content/themes/ondemand/images/promo_poster.jpg)](http://kickasskandy.com)

|

[![](http://badasskandy.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/BAK.jpg)](http://badasskandy.com)

|

</center>

![](http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o288/scarru/Various%20for%20KAK/d46fdd7a.jpg)

|

<center>

Kick Ass Kandy  where sexy spies in catsuits and boots beat up the bad guys to save the world. These deadly supermodels are experts in martial arts and take mixed fighting to the next level. Evil Megalomaniacs beware; this is a world where the femmes fatale always win. 2010 KickAssKandy.com - All Rights Reserved

</center>

The other test bed i used wasnt any good for viewing with chrome as its designed for viewing basic HTML only the other one is designed for both HTML and Javascript compatibility.

For those who cant be arsed to do the above then this is what it looks like from a screen shot

[img]http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o288/scarru/Various%20for%20KAK/5fc9e981.jpg[/img][/i][/i][/i][/i][/i] |

• DO you make the emoticons yourself mate or have you just amassed the largest and greatest collection man has ever seen whilst trawling the net?

• @Mooncatt:

Silliness is the way forward my friend, I will keep going if you will!

No worries on that front Mooncatt

mind you saying that I dont really have much choice anyway,…..........despite being 43 its still the only way i really know how.

I did try the acting like a sensible adult once mind you …............
    never again though, bloody awful experience it was................turned out to be the worst 10 minutes ive ever had in my life.…................infact it freaked the hell out of me ..................I ended up with severe headache and trauma pains so had to have a lay down.

I still come out in a cold sweat every time i think about it and you can be rest assured I wont be trying that stupid stunt out again in a hurry.................................
    nor will i be using the dangerous wordings of 'stupid stunt' either........................good god a slight keyboard error without realising could spell disaster.…..................
    well actually it will spell something else but im not going to drop myself deep in pooh by typing it in oh no….....................
    im fully aware that i may act stupid...............................

but im not a complete stunt.]

I totally agree with what you say though mate and silliness is indeed the only true way forward, and as luck would have it im fully qualified in that department already.

…..................................so long live silliness long live stupidity
    ......................................and praise the lord for the gift of Jaffa Cakes........

• Silliness is the way forward my friend, I will keep going if you will!

• @Mooncatt:

I started having problems with IE8 and they have continued with IE9. Everything keeps getting bigger. Fonts, pictures, you name it. I used Firefox for a while, but I've found Chrome to be the best so far. Although I expect the site might be optimised for Mac O/S anyway? (Those creative types and their Apple Mac obsessions! ;0)

And on another point Lord Kandy, did you ever recover the data from the damaged memory card for AJ's photo shoot during her last visit?

In responce to Your avatar picture Mooncatt

….......its simply this

i fell off my chair laughing when i saw that mound of jaffa cakes

your humour is very much a breath of fresh air indeed, not to mention totally admired.

so long may the silliness continue is all i have to say

• administrators

The cover page should work nicely but once you enter either BAK or KAK you are within the site so I just have to make sure that navigation between the 2 sites is beautifully simple…...

• I started having problems with IE8 and they have continued with IE9. Everything keeps getting bigger. Fonts, pictures, you name it. I used Firefox for a while, but I've found Chrome to be the best so far. Although I expect the site might be optimised for Mac O/S anyway? (Those creative types and their Apple Mac obsessions! ;0)

And on another point Lord Kandy, did you ever recover the data from the damaged memory card for AJ's photo shoot during her last visit?

• @Mooncatt:

Do you not think it works as two separate entities, under one umbrella heading then?
    Especially with the proposed front page for the site, it gives enough of an identity to both sites, whilst still retaining a strong link between the two. But then I know bugger and all about this sort of thing so maybe I should go and have some more jaffa cakes!
    …..

ooooohhhhhh jaffa cakes….................im rather partial to a box or six of those i must say...................

Im just going by what Mr k'man has said but the idea as far as i know mooncatt is eactly what you say,................ and the cover page will act like a umbrella for both and be the new address for www.kickasskandy.com + www.badasskandy.com then once there its a choice of picking good / bad or either going straight to the recent update, once there everything will work the same.
    So in theory all that needs doing is enhancing the general page look so its not so flat looking then a quick change of a couple of url addresses within the html and your laughing ..................yeah.................well providing its done by one of those clever dicks that work with website coding that is and to them it is quite easy as know exactly what to do, the bit i did was a piece of piss really and its fitting it all in with the rest of the sites set up to work as one......now thats the challenge.
    To the rest of us mere mortals its probably similar as doing a 6 million piece jigsaw puzzle, in a dark wind tunnel, whilst wearing boxing gloves, after squirting fairy liquid in your eyes........

@kandyman:

Good work Scarru - i like what you've done. I've forwarded this on to our new guy, he's a self confessed wordpress geek and thinks he can solve it all! I think the page graphic is a bit flat so i'm working with our graphic designer to make it lift off the page a bit more, all being well we'll solve this one.

There is, of course, the argument for bringing KAK and BAK all under one roof too…..

Nice one Mr K'man and glad you liked it and yeah, sorry for the flattened look and that was my fault actually….................i sat on it earlier by mistake...............................sorry, only joking and yes your right, im just talking crap as usual

On a sensible note then, and regarding bringing out the look to more of a 3d effect then yes indeed couldnt agree more and will give it that attention grabbing display which you need.
    That was just a basic example really and all of it is adjustable and amazing what you can do aswell so im sure your new graphic designer geek person will have no probs in bringing it to life so to speak.

It was Interesting the difference in your sites display when using chrome compared to IE and if you get the chance try them both and you'll see what i mean. didnt realise myself till mooncatt mentioned it.

Chrome is better for general display of the site but IE is more compatable with various scripts and html functions

i must go and find some jaffa cakes now as suddenly got a craving for them.

• Do you not think it works as two separate entities, under one umbrella heading then?
    Especially with the proposed front page for the site, it gives enough of an identity to both sites, whilst still retaining a strong link between the two. But then I know bugger and all about this sort of thing so maybe I should go and have some more jaffa cakes!

• administrators

Good work Scarru - i like what you've done. I've forwarded this on to our new guy, he's a self confessed wordpress geek and thinks he can solve it all! I think the page graphic is a bit flat so i'm working with our graphic designer to make it lift off the page a bit more, all being well we'll solve this one.

There is, of course, the argument for bringing KAK and BAK all under one roof too…..

• @Mooncatt:

Very nice Scarru and as you say, it can easily be customised to whatever is needed. Like the ticker as well.

Not sure why but the link to the testbed didn't incorporate the L at the end of HTML and so doesn't work. Easy enough to highlight and the paste into the address bar of course!

Ah….......Yes the old missing L at the end of the link ploy,.............. and glad you spotted my deliberate mistake Mooncatt, well done anyway.................................no worries either as i certainly didnt intentionally add the url tag in between the M + L ...............why only a complete ding bat would do something like that..........................yes............anyway............ive fixed the link so should......... work..........errr......... ok..............i think.......................

• Very nice Scarru and as you say, it can easily be customised to whatever is needed. Like the ticker as well.

Not sure why but the link to the testbed didn't incorporate the L at the end of HTML and so doesn't work. Easy enough to highlite and the paste into the address bar of course!

• Ive never seen the site using chrome before .........................and what a glorious fantastic vision it was too..............................i was completely taken back by the sheer............alright ill shut the f.... up.
    I will point out though that using chrome seems to be more beneficial regarding what gets displayed and using IE7 the very top of the sites page is slightly hidden from view so using chrome meant it was the first time ive actually seen kak in full view before.
    Anyway enough of my dribble and back with the code thing then and following yesterdays disastrous effort here is another stab at it which hopefully can be seen by all this time.
    Hoping then the code below is what you had in mind Mr k'man, ive added a update tag which will work similar to the ones used above and configured it to display on the linked cover page......................and no worries mooncatt.......this does work in chrome.
    It will still need some small adjustments before adding in with the rest of your site but will leave that in the capable hands of your website designer person to finish off should this be suitable of course.
    The whole page is linked still to either kak on left + bak on right, above that is linked to the latest update, so click anywhere in that region and it directs you straight to the movie.
    The text can be altered when needed plus the links too and if prefer you can remove scroll option.
    So If its of any use to you Mr K'man then please feel free and its yours to do what you wish with.
    Just Go here-------> http://www.jmarshall.com/easy/html/testbed.html
    Paste the contents of whats in code box below into test area in link---------- click display and........................well thats it really, and do what ever you want to do after that i guess...........go to the pub.................watch a film..................stuff your face.......................or better still as im about to go off and do, and thats terrorise next doors cat (happy days).......................well it keeps shitting in my garden so serves it right.

[

## 
    LATEST RELEASE -- FRI 8th JULY THE FAST AND THE BADASS

## **HERE FOR UPDATES OR BELOW TO EXPLORE THE TWO SIDES OF KANDY**][1]

![](http://i487.photobucket.com/albums/rr233/kickasskandy/graphics/SPLASHPAGE.jpg) 

• @Mooncatt:

Is it just set up for Internet Explorer Scarru? Because I couldn't get it to work using Chrome for some reason.

No your dead right mooncatt just downloaded chrome and doesnt work using that…...............(bollox)

The cover page still displays though and links to both kak and bak so at least thats ok

ill re-do it and add a couple of update tabs in instead ..................which are chromepatable aswell

• @Mooncatt:

Is it just set up for Internet Explorer Scarru? Because I couldn't get it to work using Chrome for some reason.

Hi mooncatt,
    Ive not tried it myself using chrome

when on that html test page click the none frames option and see if that works, that will then display the content on the same page and not open a new one up.

• Is it just set up for Internet Explorer Scarru? Because I couldn't get it to work using Chrome for some reason.

• @Mooncatt:

@kandyman:

MsEmma - here lies the crux, I agree with you, a little update tag on either side would be ideal but my web designer doesn't know how to do it. Any ideas?

Can you link to an example on another site, or maybe give a bit more detail as to exactly what you want it to look like please?

I had a quick stab at what ive guessed to be the general idea Mr K'man was after.
    Which was having new cover page linking to either kak or bak and having a update box added aswell...............................hope im correct anyway.
    This is just a example btw and loads of different options to choose from and yeah, a simple button tag either side with 'click here for latest updates' would actually be easier to do than the example ive come up with but wasnt to sure at the time.
    If you go to the link below it will show a HTML test box so clear the contents first then paste in exactly whats in the coded box, (just below the link) and hit display then it will show you the example.
    Its set to link to kak on the left side and linked to bak on the right the floating layer contains the recent update and if clicked sends you directly to where it can be purchased.
    The update box can be configured in size color plus made static if needed and only a example.
    http://www.jmarshall.com/easy/html/testbed.html

![](http://i487.photobucket.com/albums/rr233/kickasskandy/graphics/SPLASHPAGE.jpg) 

Mr K'man, does you e-mail except attachments, as ive a funny feeling all those ive sent to you with attchments on them may have been flagged up as spam and diverted straight to your junk folder and unaware of what i sent

• @kandyman:

MsEmma - here lies the crux, I agree with you, a little update tag on either side would be ideal but my web designer doesn't know how to do it. Any ideas?

Can you link to an example on another site, or maybe give a bit more detail as to exactly what you want it to look like please?

• It's a good idea to separate the photo shoots from the films as it advertises just how much different content there is available now. You could add a small widget box to each home page listing the latest updates. I reckon any new customers will explore both sites fully anyway so it shouldn't be a problem.

• administrators

Olivers Army - first single I ever bought Scarru! It still stands the test of time.

Colosbor - any more of that talk and AJ will have to give you another shiner!

• I think the photographer should be given a pay rise.

• yes seems like it could be a bit easier - maybe a note on the front page for new releases - videos or photos - just so we know when something has been added.

• @kandyman:

So you reckon you guys would go searching the site for updates if they weren't advertised on the first page?

Why is that then Mr K'man….........................are going to start hidden them from now on or something ? :D

sorry,........and Only joking. :P

The new display for the home page looks cool btw and a simple choice between the two respective areas does make it more practical and agreed regarding the current cluttered one and having tabs to then pick to either go to the movies page, pictures, the girls, or the forums mean navigation will be very easy...................................as for the latest updates then keeping that on the home page would probably work out more beneficial i would of thought, just not as big as the current one so not to hog the page.

Forgot to say earlier aswell but many thanks for enabling the embed youtube option as much appreciated, not sure who else realises its there yet but i did, so big thankyou again for that,

ahhhh this brings back memories..........................happy days ;)

• administrators

So you reckon you guys would go searching the site for updates if they weren't advertised on the first page?

We're going to stick a front cover on the site too, looking something like this (below) - you likeee? it means you choose to click directly into BAK or KAK.

• Sounds cool to me K'man

• yeah i think its better that way

• Good idea Kandyman