COVER PAGE - what do you think?

• administrators

You've probably noticed the new cover page, linking the 2 sites but what do you think of it? shall we keep it? it gives you instant info on what's new and links the 2 sites but is it useful or is it a needless barrier to entry?

• @Mooncatt:

Maybe the code needs to be tested for other browsers? It worked fine in Chrome. But sometimes the code doesn't always like Internet Explorer, Firefox, ummmmm, Airwolf or Netscape Navigator! (You can tell it's a long time since I owned a Mac!)

ill be serious in this one,

Agree with mooncatt on the browser issues and anyone still using windows XP then IE is becoming more and more of a problem as its designed to work now with windows 7 in mind due to XP eventually being fazed out, so they say.
    But important though to test all browsers regardless as if it causes issues then those who get problems may not be able to use the site properly or purchase the goods

The problem that used to occur with the front page which wasnt anything major would only happen once and after clicking to go to for example kak then once there you clicked to go over to bak it would redirect back to the front page instead, after that it all seemed to work fine.

tried it in both IE and chrome and got the same results and more likely just a simple page name conflict which can crop up when replacing a new front page with a existing one.

• @Mooncatt:

(You can tell it's a long time since I owned a Mac!)

I dont have a mac either mooncatt and i understand the compatibility regarding different browsers and such but holy crap, i never realised it also depended on what type of coat you happened to be wearing,

Speaking of coats then my fav used to be the ones that where worn when i was at school, you know those big heavy large grey things that most mums proudly dressed their kids in when first going to school and most parents would make sure they were about 8 sizes too big aswell simply safe in the knowledge that eventually their kids would grow into it so wont always look that stupid,…..........i was lucky enough never to experiance the pleasure myself but do remember what happened to those who had the audacity to complain to their parents who would then openly yell back what an ungrateful evil little shite they were and gave them a lecture on how the kids in poorer countries would do anything for such a lovely garment...........(they wouldnt of course, infact following a survey they all found the prospect of starving to death far more appealing than being forced to wear that shit) and as for the kids who did complain they soon really wished they hadnt by being forced to wear the damn thing morning noon and night for a whole month in order to appreciate what they had,............never understood myself how that worked but apparently it was meant to and discipline was alot more relaxed in those days anyway so most forms of public humiliation and mental torture where still deemed very acceptable ..............but years later and sure enough the coats did finally fit, with most it was around about the 6th form, but sadly though the parents hadnt counted on fashion growning alot quicker than their kids did which thank fuck had also progressed into a far less embarising era and brought a welcomed end to the coat torture.
    The parents also never took into account that sooner or later their dear siblings would be the ones to choose which care home they would end up in so those who suffered years of torment thanks to this simple coat will soon have the pleasure of implying revenge by picking the most shittest doss hole going and pack their parents off with a completely clear conscience . :P

Those who did have the misfortune of spending their entire youth walking around in one of these things and looking like kenny from south park will remember it came with those nice chunky fat wooden buttons along with a huge pointy hood that when worn made you look like the grim reaper,
    but the reason i liked them so much was because best of all they had those gloves which were threaded through both arm holes and dangled down which lets face it made you look the mutz nutz walking around the playground in.....................didnt they.,

the fun being was when you yanked one of them really hard the poor sod wearing it would end up with a glove dragging on the floor attached to about 3 feet of string coming out of one arm hole whilst the other glove would disappear up the opposite sleeve and never be seen again.........ahhhhhhh......happy days. :lol:

Anyways, back to the front pages compatibility issue whilst wearing specific coats, then to be honest I dont normally wear one whilst using my pc............... but what the hell,......................and dont knock it till you've tried it is what i say so im game.

ok, 10 mins with a coat on now and bloody hell mooncatt i think youve cracked it mate, im happy to say, apart from being extremly fecking hot in here.......... there has been no issues what so ever with my pc. :D

• Maybe the code needs to be tested for other browsers? It worked fine in Chrome. But sometimes the code doesn't always like Internet Explorer, Firefox, ummmmm, Airwolf or Netscape Navigator! (You can tell it's a long time since I owned a Mac!)

• @kandyman:

if we had it as a static gateway would you like it back?

Like what back ?

Oh i see, you meant the front page…..........................yeah, it looks too good not to use it.

If its any help then the top links just need to be modified a bit to prevent that hiccup of getting re-directed back to the front page again which dizzle highlighted.

• administrators

I think you guys are right - if we had it as a static gateway would you like it back?

• It needs to be a static gateway into the two main sites as Scarru says, but I liked it.

• @Colonel:

The Coverpage has gawn now, i just thought i'd experiment with it for a month and wasn't really sold on it in its current form. I love the visual though and will think up another way of using it.

The visual look was great and whoever designed it done a fantastic job and made it a must to use one way or another so hope to see it again and the only thing i wasnt keen on was it being a floating page not a static one.

• administrators

The Coverpage has gawn now, i just thought i'd experiment with it for a month and wasn't really sold on it in its current form. I love the visual though and will think up another way of using it.

• I will click on it to go away or when I pick my site and it will sometimes pop up again afterwards…

Not an issue Kman I will still go to the site lol!

• administrators

thanks for the feedback guys but what do you mean by buggy? for me it looks good and gives you an overall shot of what's new.

• I tried to give this new feature some time but honestly I hate it since it is very buggy. Pictures are great but I want to see the site w/o error.

Dizzle83

• No problem with the cover in principle, however I have noticed that sometimes it doesn't seem to disappear and stays over the top of the page you are trying to view. (Although this could be a problem with my browser.)