FAVORITE TV/FILM ASS KICKING GIRLS

• Inspired by Kandyman's thread asking us for our favorite ass kicking clips, I would ask the esteemed members: Who are your favorite actresses who kick ass on mainstream TV or movies?

For my part, my list includes, in no particular order:

Katheryn Winnick

This lady is simply awesome. Not only is she drop dead gorgeous, she can do most of her own stage fighting and is a licensed bodyguard.

Caity Lotz

This lovely lady came to my attention in the show Death Valley and she was the best thing about it. ;)

She hasn't done much yet, but with any luck skills like these won't go unnoticed. :cool:

Maggie Q

Maggie Q needs no introduction. She is simply awesome and I'm forever grateful to the producers of Nikita for providing us with a steady dose of her.

Yvonne Strahovski

We all fell in love with this tall beauty the second Chuck went on the air.

• administrators

Edward Edward Edward, I could give you the usual rubbish about everyone's tastes being different and your taste being just as valid as mine but we all know that would be utterly boring so I just say bollocks….Yvonne is cute and cuts a fine figure in wet look leggings but CARINA ROCKS!!!

PS: I agree about the salad/chip equality of substitution though

• @kandyman:

Talking of Chuck, I have to say Yvonne lost out big time to Carina (Mini Anden)…

With all due respect KM, that's the craziest thing I've read since the menu at my local pub said I could have salad instead of chips with my steak.

Just to clarify, Yvonne isn't just TV's hottest ass-kicker. To be honest, her ass-kicking on Chuck was just an added bonus. She's the hottest actress in TV/Movies, full stop. If she was a baker, she'd be the world's hottest baker. If she was a seismologist… Well, you probably get the idea.

• @kandyman:

Talking of Chuck, I have to say Yvonne lost out big time to Carina (Mini Anden) - although she was only ever in 4 eps this Swedish babe had it all!

CLIP: http://www.mediafire.com/?42tfscbtyjtldbt

Ah, Carina. :cool: Talk about underrepresented kick-ass hotties. ;)

At least the producers had the good sense to recognize the quality and kept bringing her back.

I think the best thing about her was her personality. She was jerk, but she was our jerk, if you know what I mean. There's something perversely enjoyable about watching a hot girl being a bitch to someone else when you know none of the bitchiness is going to come your way. ;) :lol:

• administrators

Talking of Chuck, I have to say Yvonne lost out big time to Carina (Mini Anden) - although she was only ever in 4 eps this Swedish babe had it all!

CLIP: http://www.mediafire.com/?42tfscbtyjtldbt

BUT talking of favourite Swedish ass kicking girls, it should come as no surprise that this Swedish Bond Girl takes some beating….

• Just being a realist, Jade. Come on, like you say it's on the History Channel. Even taking into account the mythical background of the show, and as much as I would love to see KW kicking booty on a regular basis (even if it was only f/m stuff!), I just don't think it's very likely she's gonna be playing a viking warrior with extensive and anachronistic martial arts skills.

• @Ed:

@JadeOwl:

Hopefully that will change now that she's the main love interest in a show and an ass kicker. ;) I mean, how much more badass can you get than Viking shield maiden?

I guess it depends on how fast and loose they're gonna be with historical accuracy. If they go the Xena route, then we should get to see Kathryn showcase her full set of skills. On the other hand, it might just be all sword wielding and clubbing.

You know what Ed? If I ever win millions in the lottery I'm going to commission Kandyman to make a 20 min video of Amy Johnston fighting Zara Phythian in as skimpy an outfit as they'll agree to and give it to you as a Christmas gift.

Maybe that'll turn you into an optimist for a change! ;) :lol: :D

As for your actual question, your guess is as good as mine. One one hand, it is the History Channel making the show, which should point toward historical accuracy. One the other hand, this is the network that thought it was OK to put on a show called Ancient Aliens on a network about freaking history!

And then there's the fact that the main character is semi-mythical to begin with.

• @JadeOwl:

Hopefully that will change now that she's the main love interest in a show and an ass kicker. ;) I mean, how much more badass can you get than Viking shield maiden?

I guess it depends on how fast and loose they're gonna be with historical accuracy. If they go the Xena route, then we should get to see Kathryn showcase her full set of skills. On the other hand, it might just be all sword wielding and clubbing.

• @Dfingo:

She was in above film but I am talking about her role in a tv series called Dark knight.
    She played a charecter called Rebecca in the first series she was crap but in the second series she wore leather and kicked ass. Can't find any clips of it though on you tube or anywhere. I have an old VHS Video of it.

Goes to show, one shouldn't make assumptions. I saw the imdb page for that show an there was no synopsis, but the character names showed it was an Ivanhoe adaptation and Ms. Comer played Rebbeca, who from what I remember was basically a literal damsel in distress in the original novel. From what you say, I guess they deviated from the text somewhat. ;)

• @Ed:

And then there's how much we've actually seen of a particular actress in action - Miss Winnick being an obvious example; even taking her f/m action into account, she's still done surprisingly little ass-kicking in her career, so she's not always an immediate choice when thinking about ass-kicking actresses.

Oh… tell me about it! :mad:

I've though long and hard about the reason for that and I've come to the conclusion that it's because she's never been the lead. She's always guest staring as a one episode wonder.

• @Ed:

@andreapid:

Charlotte Comer? Where was she in action?

I'm guessing in this… http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0437108/ It's the one thing on her filmography that looks like an action based role.

Looks like she also did and episode of Relic Hunter, that's another possibility, but even so, it's still seems a little thin.

• @andreapid:

Charlotte Comer? Where was she in action?

I'm guessing in this… http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0437108/ It's the one thing on her filmography that looks like an action based role.

• Charlotte Comer? Where was she in action?

• I don't think I have a favourite ass-kicker as such. It's a difficult thing to rate; Are we judging who has the best fights or who is the hottest that also happens to fight sometimes? And then there's how much we've actually seen of a particular actress in action - Miss Winnick being an obvious example; even taking her f/m action into account, she's still done surprisingly little ass-kicking in her career, so she's not always an immediate choice when thinking about ass-kicking actresses.

I guess, if I did have a favourite, it would be Yvonne Strahovski. But, that's less about her fights in Chuck and more about simply how hot she is, period. That said, it was the demotion of her character from confident, capable, kick-ass spy to over-used damsel in distress and wannabe housewife after season 2 that eventually turned me off the show completely (I've still not seen the last two episode of season 4 or the final season).

Whilst her f/m fights didn't do anything for me in the same way as I assume everyone else here, I did still dig the fact that she was a strong female character - and it subsequently disappointed me and, at times, even angered me when Chuck gained superpowers and suddenly Sarah's role became considerably more 'traditional'. :rolleyes: