Spam Attacks!

• administrators

Hi Gang

As i'm sure you're aware, our Forum has been under attack from the Spammers for quite a long time. We've been looking into this for quite a while and the only solution might well be to rip it up and start again! this would mean losing this whole forum and for everyone to re-register and we start a fresh. Now, how do people feel about this?

Kman

• administrators

I don't know what you mean Darklord - i haven't noticed any! i have noticed an increase in really interesting informative posts though ;)

@Darklord:

@kandyman:

I think the Spam has disappeared, has anyone noticed any recently ;-)

Hmmmm - I think you spoke too soon - it seems to be back with a vengeance :( :(

• @kandyman:

Hmmmm - I think you spoke too soon - it seems to be back with a vengeance :( :(

• Speak of the devil…

• administrators

• So what's the plan then…??? Only blowing doors off? Hitting someone as hard as you can?

• administrators

It's a nice thought Franck but maybe it's time to make the board a little more dynamic and user friendly too!

• hi

the solution for this problem it's perhaps to name the moderator who will delete the message when you are not on line
    good day

• In words of shia labouf… DO IT!!!

• hi kanfdyman

no problem for me if you change the forum i know the problem with spam .
    good day

• administrators

Thanks for the input guys. At the moment we're trying both options and i'll manually keep stories and artwork archived. My goal would be to get a forum that's more interactive so we're exploring all possibilities. Manually deleting every day is a bit of a ball ache!

• I would be fine if we started over. I hate spam!

• I would have no problem with starting over, but I recommend looking into a way of archiving the old forum so some wonderful threads don't get lost.

• The spam attacks don't bother me since you guys delete them very quickly. But constant deleting must get quite hard after the millionth time it has happened, so if making a new forum could make your life easier I would not have a problem with it :D It's the least we can do for you guys :D