'The Avengers' reboot TV show in the works feat. Emma Peel

• administrators

Now this is a bit of entertainment news that is relevant to the interests of everyone on this board.

Shane Black Has Written 1960s Avengers TV Show Reboot

Shane Black and writing partner Fred Dekker have scripted a TV pilot reboot for cult 1960s spy show The Avengers. Black first made a name for himself with his script for Lethal Weapon in 1987, which combined snappy, quotable dialogue with slick action. He followed up with scripts for The Last Boy Scout and The Long Kiss Goodnight, before moving into directing later in his career with The Nice Guys and Iron Man 3.

Black also co-wrote 1987’s The Monster Squad with Dekker, who directed the film. Dekker also helmed Night Of The Creeps and RoboCop 3, and after a long break pursuing separate projects he and Black renewed their creative partnership to pen the script for The Predator, which Black is directing. They also co-wrote the pilot for Western series Edge in 2015.

Now in a new career retrospective with The Dark Side Magazine, Dekker reveals he and Black have penned a script for a TV reboot of 1960s spy series The Avengers for Warner Bros. The show followed dapper secret agent John Steed and his various partners, including Diana Rigg’s Emma Peel, as they foiled various evil schemes. When asked about the project, Dekker had this to say:

It’s The Avengers, with John Steed and Emma Peel. We’re setting it in Britain in the 60’s, and our approach is The Ipcress File meets Doctor Who. At this moment, it’s my favorite thing we’re working on.

I know it is too early to get exited, but playing some fantasy casting couldn't hurt anybody, right? 😏 Who would make a good Emma Peel? Besides all the Kandygirls that is. 😜

• administrators

What do you know, Karen Gillan can really rock the 60's fashion and hairstyle!

• administrators

@kandyman said:

This is very good news! I love The Avengers..... the stand out choice is surely Hayley Atwell?

Yes please! 😍😍😍

Having seen Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle last night, Karen Gillan also comes to mind. They'd need a really tall John Steed, though.

• administrators

This is very good news! I love The Avengers..... the stand out choice is surely Hayley Atwell?