Ooooh Blimey!

• Everytime I turn on the news it seems as though the world is falling apart.

Floods in Australia.

Greenland swapping it's weather with Guildford.

Birds falling lifeless from the sky in their thousands across America and now also in Sweden and Brazil.

Fish are being washed up dead in droves in the States.

Greasy, spotty, layabout students are letting themselves be wound up by Serbian and Italian anarchists and are smashing up banks, shops, nazi I mean Tory HQ and one of them even poked the Duchess of Cornwall with what Police hope was a stick.

Is this all a S.C.O.U.S.E plot to unsettle the world economy and put up the price of Jaffa cakes to £12 an ounce?

In these times of crisis, can you give us some reassurance KM that your girls have everything under control?

• Anyone tried the Cadburys Jaffa Cakes? I've had the mental square M&S ones but whilst being very nice, they are just not the same.

• administrators

I'm going to Asda! Did you know that Jaffa Cakes were the cake of choice of Kix, Mata and Red on shoot days. They even became partial to the Lime Halloween specials. Fascinating.

• Oh dear, my brain is not going to the happy place.

• administrators

I'm pretty sure the Jaffa Cake factory is in Manchester> anyway did you know:

Under UK law, no Value Added Tax (VAT) is charged on plain biscuits and cakes — they are "zero rated". Chocolate covered biscuits, however, are subject to VAT. In Ireland, plain biscuits and cakes attract the "reduced" rate. Chocolate cakes and biscuits attract the "standard" rate. McVities classed its Jaffa Cakes as cakes, but in 1991, this was challenged by Her Majesty's Customs and Excise and the case ended up before the courts.[9] This may have been because Jaffa Cakes are about the same size and shape as some types of biscuit, and particularly because they are commonly eaten alongside, or instead of, traditional biscuits. The court asked "What criteria should be used to class something as a cake?"
    McVities defended its classification of Jaffa Cakes as cakes, producing a 12" (30 cm) Jaffa Cake to illustrate that its Jaffa Cakes were simply miniature cakes. However, in 1999, the Sun newspaper published a poll which suggested that the majority of its readers thought of it as a biscuit.[10]
    McVities argued that a distinction between cakes and biscuits is, among other things, that biscuits would normally be expected to go soft when stale, whereas cakes would normally be expected to go hard. It was demonstrated to the Tribunal that Jaffa Cakes become hard when stale. Other factors taken into account by the Chairman, Potter QC, included the name, ingredients, texture, size, packaging, marketing, presentation, appeal to children, and manufacturing process. Potter ruled that the Jaffa Cake is a cake. McVities therefore won the case and VAT is not paid on Jaffa Cakes in the UK.[11]

• JAFFA CAKES £12!!!!!!!

Hale the revolution, this means war against McVities not S.C.O.U.S.E.

Get the Girls down to Middlesex to storm the biscuit factory.

p.s. I really should get off this board it's sending my brain to a very surreal place.